Bringing a newborn into the home is such an exciting time, but before you come home with your baby, the home will need to be prepared accordingly. The home should be thoroughly cleaned before bringing the baby home. They are so small and new that nearly anything can hurt them or effect their immune system during this fragile time in their life. Today, we will help you with 6 things that must be cleaned before bringing a new baby home.
- Always make sure that the floors are clean. If you have carpet, the carpet should be steam cleaned prior to the baby’s arrival. The floor should always be swept and there shouldn’t be any small fabric strands or choking hazards on the floor. You should look for the best air purifiers for baby to reduce the dust and dust mites.
- Everything should be dusted. Get rid of all dust so that the baby isn’t exposed to such allergens.
- Clean the kitchen. The kitchen is where a lot of the preparation for the baby will happen. Bottles, breast milk, and formula will all be prepared in the kitchen so it’s best to have it spic and span.
- Have the nursery spotless and dust free.
- Make sure all linens are washed.
- Disinfect the home. Wipe everything you can down with disinfectant.
Having a clean home is extremely important when you bring a baby back. They are so new to the world that they can easily get sick and form allergies. They also quickly begin putting random objects into their mouths. You must make sure that there are absolutely no choking hazards present.
It is always best to allow the baby to sleep in your room for at least the first couple months. Either put the crib in your room or have a bassinet to lay them in. You don’t ever want to sleep with the baby on the bed with you. This could be quite dangerous.
When you lay a baby down, there shouldn’t be any clutter, stuffed animals, or blankets in the bed with them. They could suffocate if they turn their head into the plush objects. Learn to wrap the baby snuggly in blankets. This technique is usually taught to new mothers while they are still at the hospital.
Protect your new baby from clutter and dirt. Although they will build immunity to the things around them rather quickly, they are still as new as can be and some things can be very harmful to them. Clean your home or hire a cleaner to come in before the baby is born. When you bring them back, the house should be ready to welcome them.